Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I Can't Read

Oh how I miss
The smell of ink
against dark thin paper.

Today I read
Once again.

But it's one of those days
When the words mean nothing.

As my eyes scan each letter
I feel a connection
My imagination brings to life
The beautiful words
That author strung together.

But it's one of those days
When the words mean nothing.

When the words reach out to me
And they fall short of the connection.
They ask me to meet halfway.
But I've blocked out my half.

There's a wall
Between reality and I.

Or in this case
Between fiction and I.

Sometimes it isn't so hard
To believe the philosophers
That deny the existence of reality.

Because when you close your eyes
There is nothing -
Nothing permanent.
Only the fleeting images
Left by your memories
Left by your imagination.

Sometimes
It isn't so hard to believe
That everything is nothing
And that
Nothing is real

At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reviews!! Thanks so much for visiting!