Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

I Knew

Angel,

Do you remember that day
When I held your hand
And you bowed your head
Thinking,
"I've never been held
this gently before"?

I knew.

Do you remember that time
When I made you dinner
And you went to the washroom
For your make-up
But you cried your happy tears
Instead?

I knew.

Do you remember that date we had
In front of a large dome in Italy
And I told you I loved you?
You didn't answer
"I love you too."

But I knew.

I knew. I knew. I knew.

I knew what you needed.
If I had just held your hand a little bit longer,
If I just looked into your eyes one more time
If I didn't open the door for you to run away.
I knew that this would have been
What we could've had.

I open my eyes.

Tears rolled down.

It was just a dream
So close to the truth.

This
is
Reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reviews!! Thanks so much for visiting!