Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Hide

I stretch my arms!
I hug the air!
I bask in the morning glory of sunshine.
I sizzle under the sunlight's godliness.

Breathe -
In.
Out.
Feel -
In.
Out.
See -
In.
Out.
Hurt -
In.
Out.

I am under sunshine nudity,
Then I am inside shameful shade.

Why is society always telling us to hide, hide, hide?

Hide your smiles.
Be meek!
Hide your vices.
Be proper!
Hide your body.
Cover up!
Hide your true selves.
Feel shame.

Death to the painful system of made-up truths.
Death to the painful system of truthful lies.
Death to the ignorant society of tie-wearing baboons.
Death to all the cover ups that cause us pain.

Death be to the human race.



*Now if you've read my other poems, you'll pretty much memorize the disclaimer. I am not a serial killer. Just having one of my moods. I rushed this. So by the time I'm writing this, I'm actually still wondering if I'm making sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reviews!! Thanks so much for visiting!