Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Interruptions

A: This cake is
B: Amazing!
A: Yes!
B: No. I mean how amazing is it that they took that deal?
A: What de-
B: My boss told me this morning that
A: I thought we weren't gonna talk about work today?
B: I realize that but
A: Excuse me, Miss. A bottle of
B: I thought this could be
A: Champagne please.
Waitress: Certainly
B: An exception.
Waitress: Ma'am.
A: It's our--!
B: Anniversary. I know.
A: Don't roll your eyes at
B: Then don't talk to me like
A: But you are a child!
B: Can't we just have dinner without
A: No. What use is celebrating an anniversary if we're so tired of each other?
B: Don't over dramatize this, please. I've had enough of this at work.
A: You never listen anymore.
B: Neither do you.
A: I can't even
B: Finish sentences anymore?
A: Yes. No. Yes.
B: ...

B: I'm not tired of you.
A: Then what is it?
B: I'm just... tired.
A: So am I.
B: But do you know
A: What?
B: The thing I loved the most about us a few years back
A: Was when we finished each other's
B: Sentences.

Laugh.
Reconciliation.
Happiness.

Chatter.
City.
Noise.
Traffic.
Sirens.
Police cars.
A child.
A knife.


C: Ahh... Silence.

A giggle.





*Oddly enough inspired by the midsentence ending from The Fault In Our Stars reference book AIA. I'm pretty sure it's meant to inspire happier writings but... Maybe next tme?


2 comments:

  1. Why is this still morbid? Huhuhuhuhuhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's especially for you :> Not-so-anonymous

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reviews!! Thanks so much for visiting!