Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stay


It was the night when you decided to end it all -
That we wouldn't be;
That we couldn't be.
Not anymore.

A breath away -
A distance once too close,
Now too far,
Going farther
And farther -
Elsewhere.

An inch;
A foot;
A meter;
Five;
Ten;
Twelve.
I counted.

All in twenty-one seconds.

You looked back,
"Why?
Why won't you ask me to stay?"

My face swollen from the tears
(A face you once called ridiculous,
But undoubtedly pure)
I opened my mouth
And said the words that you used to love.

I managed a smile.


"Make me."



*Oddly enough, this was inspired by Michael Faudet, I thought of that last line first, but I realized that I couldn't be daring enough to write a sexual poem. So that last line really has a hint of sexual innuendo, though not totally.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and reviews!! Thanks so much for visiting!